FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there a cost to attend the Boys & Girls Club of Winder-Barrow County?
• Yes. There is a nonrefundable annual membership fee of $50. This fee covers the entire school year, including attendance for extended openings such as fall and spring breaks, student holidays, early release, etc.
• The Club has also implemented a fee of $20 per week, per child to assist with costs associated with the after-school program. These fees can be paid weekly and in advance.
• Click here to view fees for the 2023 Summer Camp program.
Does the Club offer refunds for after-school weekly fees?
• Weekly fees can be refunded with at least two weeks notice of the cancellation. This cancellation must be submitted in writing via email, hard copy, etc., and must be approved by an administrative staff member.
• A 30% processing fee will be applied to refunds.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation is offered from the following schools:
• Elementary Schools
County Line, Holsenbeck, Kennedy, Statham and Winder
• Middle Schools
Bear Creek, Haymon-Morris, Russell and Westside
• High Schools
Barrow Arts and Sciences Academy and Winder-Barrow
What are the Club's operating hours?
The Club is open after school from 2 to 7 p.m. Summer Camp hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Are snacks provided?
• Yes, snacks are provided every afternoon. Club members can also bring snacks, and vending machines are available. Snacks cost $1, and drinks are $1.25.
• Due to a limited number of water fountains, Club members are encouraged to bring water bottles.
Are personal electronic devices allowed?
• Club members are not allowed to have cell phones out during the after-school program. If you need to get in contact with your child, please call the front office at 770-307-1399.
• Please note: The Club is not responsible for lost, stolen, misplaced, or damaged personal property. Club members are encouraged to leave personal items, especially cell phones and other electronics, at home.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
• If Barrow County Schools is closed due to inclement weather, the Boys & Girls Club of Winder-Barrow County will also be closed.
• Should Barrow County Schools close early due to inclement weather, the Club will also close. Please make arrangements with your child’s school to have them transported home or elsewhere.
• Should inclement weather occur during Club operating hours, we will begin contacting you immediately to pick your child. We will then begin procedures to close the facility.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT
We are happy to help! Email email@example.com.